15 January 2010

what are you doing this weekend?


i'm really excited this morning, bc in a few short hours g.animalz, liz herber, and i will be on our way to sunny bOsToN!!!!! to see one mr. dj valdini!!!!!!! and guess what. i've never even been there before! i know!

coincidentally, i just finished reading this book, which told me all about boston's puritan founder, john winthrop, and his frienemies, roger williams and anne hutchinson. i'm really excited to check out their old stompin' grounds. so much history! my knowledge of boston tourism is pretty limited, so be sure to recommend anything you think we might enjoy. and don't say boston common.



the architecture nerd in me would love to see some harvard sights, like the carpenter center (corb's only building in north america, you know), and the GSD (that's where tanya goes to school!). beeun tells me not to skimp on the architectural wonders of MIT, but do skimp on steven holl and frank gehry. and what about the new ICA building by diller + scofidio (and renfro or whatever who cares)? everyone says it's just ok.

mostly, i'm looking forward to wonderful time spent with great friends. my guess is that djv has some great itinerary items planned out for us, especially for the night time, if i know him. i'll be back next week with a full report of just how much fun we had.

!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes Yes Yes to the Carpenter Center, and Yes to Aalto on MIT... and the Steven Holl dorm is actually not as bad as I thought it would be... I say Yes! but NO NO NO to D+S.. biggest let down of my arch career (and to think I used it as sooo many precedents) OHHH!!!! and go to CHEERS!!!! (the orig) it is cute!

starla said...

i am having a birthday party and you are missing out! so boo on you.

bun-bun said...

Are you taking part in a Tea Party protest? That's what I gathered from your opening pic.

kylie said...

no, i'm just going to go pretend to be friends with some indians, and them i'm going to screw them all over.

Unknown said...

When you are on Newbury St, you can see my old apt on the corner of Gloucester at 282 Newb! Charley's across the street has the best Bloody Marys on ert.

joel said...

i recommend my favorite attraction in boston... tanya paz.

 
Pin It