08 June 2009

Accents Mocked in Central Park Balloon Wars

Two airheads tried to pop a rival balloon artist in Central Park, authorities said yesterday. The men threatened Charles Nassif, 39, telling him, "If you stay here, you'll see what will happen to you," police sources said.

"I felt like I was violated," the Australian native said. "They were mocking my accent."

Nassif -- who says he accepts small donations for his balloon figures -- had been set up in front of the zoo on May 31 when he was confronted at 11:30 a.m. by another balloon artist, the sources said.

The rival, identified only as Jason, flashed a permit and asked if Nassif had one. "I said I didn't need one because I don't use helium," Nassif said. He said Jason and Jason's pal, Sasha Alhovsky, 39, tried to steal his customers by offering balloons for free.

Nassif filed a police report alleging harassment on June 4. No one was charged. But Alhovsky says Nassif is full of hot air. He claims that parks officials ordered Nassif to move, and that, before complying, his rival threatened, "I'll have your legs broken."

--NYPost

3 comments:

kylie said...

she may have been subtly mocking my accent.

thomas wilhelm said...

i talk like marilyn monroe.

kylie said...

i said 'i talk like heeerrrr nooooowww'.

 
Pin It