06 May 2009

Thank you, Len Berman

Thank you, NYT, for finally writing a story I might have missed otherwise about a real NY experience. Len Berman, the nightly WNBC sports caster has been let go from the network.

Without this article, I wouldnt have known he was departing from my world, forever. Everyone who knows me knows that I hate sports, and, accordingly, it's the least favorite part of the evening news (at 6, time to open a bottle of wine, at 11, time to b my t's).

Reporter Michael Winerip said it accurately, if not a little rapturously,"Watching Len Berman do the nightly sports for WNBC news at 6 and 11 the last 23 years was one of life’s small pleasures. His voice is rich and strong without straining. He didn’t have the tensed neck that seems to be the mark of the modern sportscaster. He wrote his own copy in simple, declarative sentences. Rarely did he use a superfluous word."

You will be missed. Just like I miss Jay DeDapper and Monica Morales.

But you will also be remembered.

No comments:

 
Pin It