16 June 2009

nErD aLeRt!

james corner, founder of landscape architecture firm, field operations, is profiled in NYT magazine's annual architecture issue. field operations worked with diller scofidio + renfro on the high line, and are now working on a park in memphis!

i dont really like any of his answers, but that dog is ceeeyute! some highlights:

TALE OF TWO CITIES: I am a professor at the University of Pennsylvania and practice in New York. I have an unspoken agreement with my wife and two daughters: I work hard during the week, and they leave me alone; at weekends, I am home.

FAVORITE ROOM:The bathroom is my sanctum. I retrofitted it with white marble. I wanted a really simple, open, light bathroom. When I walk in after a busy day and close the big, oak door, it is just wonderfully comforting.

FAVORITE PARK: One is tempted to say Central Park, because it is extraordinary throughout the seasons. But I think the grandeur of the gardens of the Versailles Palace outside Paris has a lot more of lasting interest to me.

FAVORITE MOVIE: “The Bourne Ultimatum.” It’s just so fast. It really is a movie that doesn’t have a wasted minute. It is so compelling to watch.I watch it again and again.

No comments:

 
Pin It