07 September 2011

There's Nothing on TV but 9/11

Today gawker blogger Richard Lawson made reference to Mathnet in his daily trade roundup post.  Omg, do you remember Mathnet?  The dragnet inspired Square One segment where the cops were mathematicians.  I hope you do for the sake of your childhood.  Time to go down a retro PBS rabbit hole!  3-2-1 Contact! Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego!  Reading Rainbow!  Sesame Street!  Here's the Square One theme song.  do do do do do DO DO dooooo. square one!  saxophone solo!



Saxophones almost always make me think of Night Court.  Jesus Christ.  What were people thinking back then.  General retro TV rabbit hole!  227 was set in Washington DC?  I had no idea!  Marla Gibbs!  Jackée! My grandmother loved Mama's Family.  And I thought Alan Kayser was kind of hot!  Shut up, there wasn't a lot to look at back then.  The World Trade Center is in the background of some of these videos.  Gulp.  But it's not my fault!  They were still around back then!  When is it going to stop raining!?

Richard also informs us that a couple of assholes are going to make a sequel to one of my favorite movies, Beetlejuice. No thank you.

1 comment:

kylie said...

we never had square one. we had channel one, starring lisa ling, among others.

 
Pin It