26 October 2010

even more sports news. how butch.

open letter to UT fans from former Vol Wes Brown:

This is Wes Brown and I want to start my first and only post on this board by saying that this is not to stir up controversy with fans who say they love the Vols. But I want to try and send a message to yall, and this is by no means a Randall Cobb message to Tennessee fans, just some encouraging words from someone who loves Tennessee like you.

I still, and forever will bleed orange like anyone who has ever been blessed by the good Lord to wear the orange shirt on Saturdays. The privilege that was given to me to play for Tennessee has been the best experience of my life. I know it has been a struggle for everyone who wears orange, but it hurts none more than the guys that sit in that locker room. We all want to see our team win big games and come out every year and compete for championships and that is what we all strive for. However, everyone is going to get knocked down. Those guys in that locker room are my brothers, and I know they are struggling. But nothing means more than to have support from our fanbase. Tennessee is special in so many ways and one of them is having 100,000 family members every Saturday in Neyland Stadium cheering the team on. I have been apart of some really struggling years at the University, but nothing meant more to me than the people around me, and that positive encouragement goes a really long way.

I grew up in Alabama, and I have seen the most fair weathered and classless so called "support" for a team that we just played on Saturday. When they win, everyone is a fan. When they struggled, fans would store their crimson in the attic. Tennessee is a different place. We don't have to sing Rammer Jammer after a victory and act like we have never witnessed a big win. Tennessee is a special place because of the passion from the fans, regardless of what has happened.

I know beyond a doubt in my heart that these men in orange are giving it all they have, because that is how we have been coached. I know what kind of people that #56 and #84 are, and how we are blessed to have such great young men leading our team. I could go on and on about every man on this team, because I love them and I love Tennessee, and you should to if you really are passionate about this program.

I hate it when people say, well there's always next year. These seniors have been through it all on The Hill. I know how they have worked for success and we all should stand up and appreciate what they have gone through and done for our University.

Let's all stand behind our team and give that encouragement to these guys, because they deserve it! We all appreciate your support and it means everything to us. We are all a team, and we are all Tennessee Volunteers.

No comments:

 
Pin It