10 January 2012

New To Me: Confetti System

About a month ago I was in Opening Ceremony, looking at all the fine things I can't afford and hoping to run into Chloe, and I couldn't help but notice the unusual chicken-head headdresses on their creepy super-tall long-necked mannequins.  Then, this weekend I was on Mulberry Street and I noticed a window display of similar looking pinatas and paper garlands in a store called Creatures of Comfort.  It was there that I found out what the deal was when I asked a saleswoman "what's the deal with all these pinatas and stuff?"
Now I'm obsessed with Confetti System, the artist duo who's been running around making pastel and metallic installations since early 2009 (my guess since that's the oldest "news" update on their website).  In addition to Opening Ceremony, their website also lists as clients, PS1 summer warm up series, J.Crew, Cole Haan, Martha Stewart, Paper Magazine, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Beach House.  It's like the nexus of everything I love plus sparkly pinatas. Here's a Dwell article about them from a year ago.
You can buy their tasseled garlands and pinatas for between $130 and $150.  So, you know, with prices like those you can just go wild.  They also make simple silk cord accezories which I think are less interesting than their confetti; available for around $200 at your usual shopping destinations, Opening Ceremony and Bergdorf Goodman.
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I truly liked reading it. This tip provided by you is very helpful for correct planning.
Laptop Computer Stand with Adjustable Height & Split Top (Gray/black)

Anonymous said...

Great กV I should definitely pronounce, impressed with your web site. I had no trouble navigating through all the tabs as well as related information ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Reasonably unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, website theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task..
Keen Women's Snowmass High Waterproof Winter Boot

 
Pin It