26 August 2009

remember passing notes?

you'd get a note from your friend in the hallway on your way to a class, then spend the majority of said class period writing back. you had your friends' class schedules memorized so you knew when you would pass whom in which hallway throughout the day, and you would prioritize your note-writing accordingly.

and remember how some people could fold up their notes to look like envelopes? gosh, jelly!

then there was in-class note passing. what a dangerous game that was! one time my biology teacher picked up a mean note my friend and i had been writing about her appearance. she began reading the note aloud smugly as if WE were the ones who were going to be emBEARassed. however, the joke was on her, and she was only burning herself.

riddled with guilt, i apologized the next day, but it was clear she was never going to forgive me. so, i switched to the other, better biology teacher. she let me bring my dog daisy in one day, and i invited daisy's doctor to talk about her health, and i got a 100 for my report on veterinary medicine as a branch of biological science.

just sayin'. times used to be better.

3 comments:

Lilly said...

i like the "decoy method" section of the wikihow entry. clever!

kylie said...

the "warnings" section is always my favorite part:

"If you decide to disrespect yourself and the teacher by passing notes, remember that what you write can be seen by anyone. Unless writen in code."

so many layers to that one.

Unknown said...

I folded mine like throwing stars. This required 2 pieces of paper, but hey - I had a lot to say.

 
Pin It