14 July 2011

finally!

The fourth consecutive day of debt meetings between President Obama and congressional leaders ended with Obama "abruptly walking out of the meeting," according to House Majority Leader Eric Cantor. "We are very far apart right now," Cantor told Fox News. "The progress we made seems to have been erased. [Obama] became very agitated and said 'Ronald Reagan wouldn't sit here. You either have to compromise on the dollar figure or the grand bargain.' He said, 'Don't call my bluff. I'm going to the American people on this.'" An aide who witnessed the walkout confirmed Obama's dramatic frustration. "I've reached my limit," said the president. "This may bring my presidency down, but I will not yield on this." (via)
duh-raaaah-maaaaa!! read everything. it's like an episode of gossip girl!

No comments:

 
Pin It