14 July 2011

rilo kiley is officially dunzo


blake "salute your shorts" sennet has offically announced what we long suspected, and what i wished wasn't true: the band is over.

he also said some pretty ugly things:
"I just felt like there was a lot of deception, disloyalty, greed and things I don't really want to submit myself to. I had related that frustration to music but I just thought, 'I'm not going to put myself in that position again,' so I said, 'Fuck that, I can't do this anymore.'"

oh well, we can console ourselves with their existing music catalog, and with the promise of future jenny lewis solo project and collaborations. Also, there might be a new rilo kiley album of unreleased songs. via.

3 comments:

kylie said...

nononononononononono!

blake sounds jellybeanz2death of JL.

rachel said...

Sounds like he needs a swift kick in the pants from Budnick

joel said...

yeah. he is totally jelly beanz that jenny has put out three good albums since rilo kiley finished their last and he has only released two medium ones.

 
Pin It