07 November 2011

bike wreck monday

Hit and Run in Memphis!

Here is a first-hand account by friend of Toops, Rachel C.:

"It was a beautiful, perfectly pleasant morning, and I woke up early, so I thought I'd treat myself to a little bike commute. Some idiot truck had other plans for me. He started coming over into my lane and forced me on to some trolley tracks, which road bikes don't really care for. My truck friend kept going, but one of my favorite bums that hangs out at the Y was there to scrape me off the street. So sweet. Anyhow, this wouldn't be worth mentioning, except that I have the most amazing injury. I stupidly wore some ballet flats to bike in, which left the top of my foot prime for the taking. I ended up with side by side circular abrasions that very closely resemble a vampire bite. I look so tough. Now I'm rewarding myself by listening exclusively to Rick Ross, sans headphones."




















Get well soon, Rachel!


Be careful everyone!

No comments:

 
Pin It