12 December 2011

normally i wouldn't

According to this nyt article, Newt Gingrich is worried about and electromagnetic pulse terrorist attack that would fry our power grid and give rise to roving bands ala Mad Max. Normally i wouldn't give credence to this sort of kookery, but the article happens to coincide with the fact that last night I had my first nightmare in close to a decade. It was all about how there was an attack on the US and what I had to do to save myself and the people around me.

Incredibly telling and depressing spoiler alert: Eventually, I just gave up and got killed.



UPDATE: this jem was in the comments:

"Given that the Republican base doesn't believe in or study science, his scaremongering is one more cynical play on American hysteria born of ignorance."

Dumb comment. FYI I am part of the "Republican Base" and I have a degree in engineering and have done graduate work in Physics. What are your credentials???? A major in art? It's the Democrats that don't believe in science or if they do they believe in bogus science like the idea that "Green" energy is going to solve all our energy problems. I find most liberals are math challenged.
Why?
one reason is that studies show that liberals tend to gravitate to degrees in the liberal arts areas and other "soft" fields like teaching and journalism. They are also always experts in economics yet I see few that have actually studied it.


oof. Burn. I was an art major and i'm a teacher. does that "soft" comment extend to my dependability in  nightmares too? 

1 comment:

That's Basic Science said...

I'm a liberal and a scientist. Based on my sample size of 1, this NYT comment is officially debunked!

 
Pin It