19 January 2012

nerd alert: time capsule

The MTA is shutting down the 7 train at Court Square for construction on Saturday. The stop is integral for both my and keekers commute.  I have thought and said some pretty hateful things about the MTA since I heard the news. Two days ago however, I received a sort of going away present. They have stripped the maps and adverts off the walls of the platform to reveal remnants of the days when graffiti writers wrote with relative impunity. When the MTA put up the maps and advertising boards, they didn't bother to paint over what was there, leaving these tags in a time capsule to be opened two decades later. As I was shooting these photos a train came into these station and the conductor called out to me, "That really is a blast from the past!"






2 comments:

mfrev said...

This is a GEM post!!! I count myself as one who appreciates this. true glimpse.

joel said...

reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiSOMp9GN_o

 
Pin It