06 April 2010

My favorite street



Just a quick stroll over the Pulaski Bridge from my apartment, Manhattan Avenue in Greenpoint is one of my favorite places to go explore on a warm afternoon, buy a halloween costume, or buy candy. It seems that I am not the only one to have discovered some of it's many delights. However, Tina Fey expresses her love for Manhattan Ave.'s delights more eloquently than I could ever hope. She tells
Esquire:

"The best doughnut? That's Peter Pan doughnuts in Brooklyn. It's a Polish bakery. We shot nearby once for 30 Rock. It's a white-cream-filled powdered doughnut. And I really believe, when I first tried it, if I had a penis, I would put it in this doughnut. I finally understand what you guys are thinking about and what motivates you guys."

I am locked up in Manhattan, which is not the same as Manhattan Avenue, so I unfortunately cannot go try these donut whores for myself. They're just asking for it. I will add them to my list.

Keep an eye out for future Manhattan Ave. posts.

(via via)

1 comment:

kylie said...

i bet they shot that episode with the X train in greenpoint. if i had to guess.

they were all 'here's what the scariest, most remote corner of queens is like, america.', but it was just greenpoint.

 
Pin It