06 April 2010

Prada : Marfa


Have you ever noticed the large pop art "PRADA, MARFA, 1837 mi ->" print in the Van der Woodsen penthouse on gossip girl? I just noticed and googled and was directed to this blog that had previously googled what I just googled.

Apparently the print recognizes a permanent art installation located in an empty landscape in west Texas (nytimes), 26 miles away from the small town of Marfa, TX. I will leave the art history critique to you.

Don't you love it when tv teaches you something?

3 comments:

kylie said...

i love that. i always wondered but was afraid to ask in case i should've already known.

Unknown said...

Good luck finding uncomfortable $425 shoes, citizens of Marfa.

dan said...

Thats prada marfa has really got me intrested..and it was intereting to find the prada shop in marfa..
You should know as well that there is another Marfa on a small island in the mediteranean sea. The island is called Malta..I live here so when I saw marfa it got me wondering how many Marfa s there are..if you want to now more google marfa malta..(there is no connection to prada in malta though)

 
Pin It